Call for Book Review Editor
Deadline: October 1, 2013
Student Anthropologist is seeking an editor to oversee the editorial process for the Book Review section of the 2014 issue of Student Anthropologist. The Book Review Editor’s primary role will be to solicit manuscripts and books, to work with authors throughout the manuscript revision process, and to provide general support to the Editorial Board.
- Research potential books for review (based on the journal’s key areas of interest) and solicit desk copies from publishers to be reviewed by authors.
- Solicit book review manuscripts by posting Calls for Book Reviews.
- Identify promising students and invite them to submit a manuscript.
- Understand the journal’s policy and expectations for book reviews; ensure that these expectations are accurately conveyed and adhered to by authors.
If you are interested in submitting an application, please send the following to the Editor of Student Anthropologist at firstname.lastname@example.org. (We also suggest that you review the Book Review section of our 2012 issue, as well as our Call for Book Reviews from 2013.)
Full name, university affiliation, and current CV.
- A brief response to the following two questions (no more than 150 words): a) What book would you recommend for review and why?
b) Why are you interested in an editorial position?
The deadline for applying is October 1, 2013.